Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Women's Health Magazine December 2009
Make and share this Chili Chicken and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 serrano chilies or 2 thai bird chilies
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon peanut oil or 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- If serving with rice, begin to cook rice.
- finely chop garlic and chilies, then use the side of your knife to press them together into a rough paste. Add a pinch of salt to make this easier.
- Preheat the wok or a stainless steel saute pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and the paste you just made and cook 2-3 minute.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and cook untill lightly browned, about 3-4 min.
- add the soy sauce fish sauce, chili paste and sugar and continue to cook until the chicken is done all the way through, about 3-4 min.
- add the pepper and basil, and cook until just wilted, about 2 min.
- Serve immediately with brown rice.
This meal was effortlessly delicious and fast! I used a garlic mince to mince my garlic and chillies into a paste together. Served with Chilli and Herb cous cous. Made for PAC Spring 2013