Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different appetizer that everyone will love! Try fire-roasted chilies in this instead of plain chilies. The recipe comes from Colorado Collage.
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 ounces shredded colby cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- chopped tomato
- chopped green onion, and
- diced black olives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine the crushed tortillas and melted butter in a small bowl and press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and leave oven on.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and eggs. Add green chilies, jalapeno, and cheeses.
- Pour over tortilla crust and put back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife carefully around the edge of the cheesecake and remove the side of the pan.
- Spread sour cream over the top and decorate with garnishes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.