1/2 Photos of Chili Cheese Dogs in Beach Blankets
MA HIKER's Note:
The ultimate "pigs in a blanket"! From June-July 2007 Rachel Ray. Untried by me, will edit when I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place the ground turkey in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Add the chili, onion and garlic powders and cook stirring frequently (breaking up into small bits) until browned, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in the tomato paste, then add 1/4 cup water to help loosen it up.
- 6Lower the heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8On a work surface, roll out the pizza dough and stretch into a big rectangle.
- 9Cut the dough lengthwise and then cut each half crosswise into 4 equal pieces (you should have 8 pieces in all).
- 10In the center of each rectangle, drop some chili and sprinkle with cheese.
- 11Set a hot dog on top and wrap the dough around it, sealing in the chili and cheese (the ends of each hot dog should peek out).
- 12Bake until golden, about 18 minutes.
- 13Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cheese Dogs in Beach Blankets
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 726.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: