Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A football weekend/cold weather family favorite.
Top Review by FruitLoop
This tasted so good to me. I have had something real similar to this at a lodge we go to in southern Missouri. I did as you suggested and served this hot over tortilla chips. I only used 1 finely chopped jalapeno and it was spicy but did not hurt us. I used about 1 1/2 cups of cheese because we like it so much. Thanks for a great hearty recipe.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- diced jalapeno pepper
- 113.39 g canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (595.33 g) can chicken broth
- 709.77 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 3 (1275.72 g) can white beans, drained (I use Great Northern)
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Mix in garlic, jalapeño, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano, and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture is tender.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and salad.
- **We put tortilla chips in bottom of serving bowl, add the chili.
- Good eating!