Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
From my Mom's recipe box. This is one of my childhood favorites. It's not too spicy. I've also made this with ground turkey instead of ground beef and that was good too.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 6 small tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cook until softened.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin; stir.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer at least 1 hour, stirring ocassionally.