Recipe by AB_Fan
A mild version for those who don't like a mouth of fire from eating chili, but love to eat it nonetheless. You may spice up this recipe by adding hot pepper flakes, cayenne or white pepper, tobasco sauce, green chile sauce, jalapeno peppers, etc. Feel free to experiment, but try it once as written. I think you'll see how good it is.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups tomato juice (32 fl.ozs.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (chili ready beans are a good choice)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, seasoning with 1/2 teapoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; drain.
- In a 3 to 5 quart kettle, combine tomato juice, water, tomato soup, kidney beans, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- To serve, place a few spoonfuls of macaroni in each bowl.
- Ladle chili on top; this way the macaroni doesn't get overcooked and mushy from sitting in the chili.
- Other serving suggestions; a dollop of sour cream, some diced onions, and a bit of shredded cheddar cheese on top of each serving make this chili even better.