1/1 Photo of Chiles Rellenos
sasha's kitchen's Note:
got this recipe from a Mexican cook book,the process may seem complicated,but the result comes out amazing,give it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1make a neat slit down one side of each chile,place them in a dry frying pan over medium heat,turn them frequently until skins blister.
- 2place the chiles in a strong plastic bag and tie the top to keep the steam in,set aside for 20 min.then carefully peel off the skin and remove the seeds from the slits,keep chiles whole,dry them with paper towl then set aside.
- 3bring a large sauce pan of water to boil,add the potatoes,let the water return to boiling point,lower the heat and simmer for 5 min or until potatoes are just tender.drain thoroughly.
- 4mix gently the cream cheese and grated cheese in a bowl,season with salt and pepper,add the potatoes and mix well.
- 5spoon potato filling into each chile,cover the stuffed chiles with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- 6beat the eggs,pour into a large shallow dish,spread out flour in another dish and season it with remaining salt and pepper.
- 7heat oil to 375F for deep frying,coat chiles first in flour then in egg,add to the hot oil,fry the chiles until golden and crispy,drain on paper towel and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 139.1 mg
- Sodium 752.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g