Easy Chiles Rellenos
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, rinsed, drained cut in to strips
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat ok)
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- arrange chili strips in baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over. Beat sour cream and eggs to blend in a small bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour over chilis & cheese.
- Bake until custard is firm in center about 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.
I'm such a fan of this recipe! So simple to put together and delicious! I used a 7 oz. can of whole chiles, a cup of sharp cheddar and 1 cup of Egg Beaters. The custard was so creamy and smooth...I loved it! Because I like things spicy, I think I will add some red pepper flakes the next time I make it. (And there WILL be a next time!) Thanks for sharing this easy and tasty recipe, aronsinvest! **Made for Fall PAC 2009**