Recipe by JessFontenot
A favorite style of cooking fresh white fish of Isabel Allende. Can be used with any white fish.
Top Review by Cluich
Three stars for the recipe overall, but a bonus star for the bed of Vidalia onion slices. Not only does the onion impart a nice flavor to the fish, but it also serves as a sort of baking rack, keeping the fish out of the olive oil at the bottom of the dish.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of a shallow casserole dish.
- Spread sliced onion in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper the tilapia fillets evenly.
- Arrange fish on top of onions in dish.
- Evenly distribute the lemon juice amongst the tilapia.
- Bake in hot oven about 15 minutes or when fish easily flakes with a fork.