Fresh white fish fillets in a battered potato "sandwich".
- Ready In:
- 4 fish fillets (any white fish)
- 2 large potatoes
- batter, for coating
- oil (for deep frying)
- Scrub (or peel) the potatoes and cut them into about 5 mm slices. Slice the fish fillets to 10 mm thick and cut to the size of the potato slices. Blanch the potatoes for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Put each fillet between two pieces of sliced potatoes (making a sandwich). Keeping the sandwich together, carefully dip in the batter ensuring the surface is fully coated.
- Deep fry until golden brown turning once (about 5 minutes each side). Smother with salt and vinegar and eat hot.
- (Any left over pieces of potato may be battered and deep fried similarly - known as "scallops" in Yorkshire).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION