I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I can't - it came from a chef named Diane Morgan, who wrote The Thanksgiving Table. My husband likes Brussels sprouts so I'm always looking for new ways to serve them. This is the best way I've ever tried. Even people who don't like Brussels sprouts like them this way. Try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the stem end of the sprouts and remove any yellow or spotted out leaves.
- 2Shred the sprouts with the coarse shredding attachment of your food processor.
- 3Set aside until about 10 minutes before service.
- 4Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 5Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
- 8Just before serving, reheat the bacon fat in the pan until hot and add the sprouts to the pan.
- 9Saute until crisp-tender and bright green, about 3-5 minutes.
- 10Add the bacon, hazelnuts, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 11Taste, adjust seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiffonade of Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 339.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g