This was a really happy accident it was a rescue attempt when another recipe went wrong and it was so delicious I had to post it so I could make it again. These are the basic ingredients but I was planning to add a handful of raisins next time I make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl mix the chutney, chili sauce, garam masala, chili powder, coriander and cumin to form a paste.
- 2Heat the oil and fry the paste for one minute.
- 3Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, stir very well to coat the chickpeas with oil and spice mix.
- 4Continue to cook the peas for 5 minutes over a moderate to high heat longer if desired.
- 5Add the brown rice to the pan and mix well to coat the rice, cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes so the rice is hot and the grains are broken up.
- 6Serve drizzle with plain yoghurt or sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.1
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 614.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: