Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a really happy accident it was a rescue attempt when another recipe went wrong and it was so delicious I had to post it so I could make it again. These are the basic ingredients but I was planning to add a handful of raisins next time I make this.
- In a small bowl mix the chutney, chili sauce, garam masala, chili powder, coriander and cumin to form a paste.
- Heat the oil and fry the paste for one minute.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, stir very well to coat the chickpeas with oil and spice mix.
- Continue to cook the peas for 5 minutes over a moderate to high heat longer if desired.
- Add the brown rice to the pan and mix well to coat the rice, cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes so the rice is hot and the grains are broken up.
- Serve drizzle with plain yoghurt or sour cream.