Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light. Make at least an hour ahead to let flavors blend.
Make and share this Chickpea Salad With Cilantro Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 slices pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 leaves boston lettuce
- Combine 1st 7 ingreds in a food processor or blender; process til well blended.
- Add broth; pulse til combined.
- Combine cucumber, radishes, celery, and chickpeas in large bowl.
- Drizzle with cilantro mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter; spoon chickpea mixture over lettuce.