Recipe by Rita~
A great side dish! These ingredients are always on hand. If you want to stretch it add cooked pasta and more dressing and chill.The picture is with yellow bell peppers. I like the red peppers for a nicer contrast of colors.
Top Review by Mimi Bobeck
Fabulous! Absolutly delish! Not your typical chick pea recipe. This recipe mixes the very hearty chickpea with the very light and refreshing taste of mint and cilantro. Bringing together these 2 elements is a touch of balsamic vinegar to balance these wonderful flavors to perfection!
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped (you can use one or all)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper