Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great side dish! These ingredients are always on hand. If you want to stretch it add cooked pasta and more dressing and chill.The picture is with yellow bell peppers. I like the red peppers for a nicer contrast of colors.
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped (you can use one or all)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients chill 1 hour to overnight and serve.
Fabulous! Absolutly delish! Not your typical chick pea recipe. This recipe mixes the very hearty chickpea with the very light and refreshing taste of mint and cilantro. Bringing together these 2 elements is a touch of balsamic vinegar to balance these wonderful flavors to perfection!
This salad is a winner! So easy to make and the flavor combo is great. Even better on day two!
This was particularly tasty the next day with some feta cheese! I love chick pea salads and can never get enough :) Had leftovers for breakfast, heh heh. Chopping took me more like 20 minutes though, and the local stores had no fresh mint, so I used dried. 1/2 cup EVOO seemed like way too much, so I reduced that to a small fraction and upped the balsamic vinegar to 2 tablespoons (personal preference). Thanks Rita!