Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The simplest recipes often are the best! Use fresh ingredients for best results! Lynn Sheehan, Vertigo Restaurant, San Francisco. http://www.piquillopepper.com/Piquillo/Recetas.htm
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (or make your own about 3 cups)
- 10 piquillo peppers, chopped (about 6 oz)
- 1 -2 lemon
- 8 sprigs parsley
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. If making your own allow them to cool.
- Remove rosemary from stem and finely chop all herbs. Zest 1 or 2 lemons depending on how lemony you want your salad and squeeze them to remove juice.
- In a mixing bowl add lemon juice and zest, olive oil and herbs and whisk to blend. Add chickpeas and chopped peppers and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Chill or serve at room temperature Store in refrigerator.