Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
In our little Israeli reastaurant around the corner they serve this wonderful hummus with in the middle a couple of tablespoons of slightly warm chickpea salad. At first I thought, chickpeas with chickpeas? But believe me, it's great. I gathered all my confidence and asked for the recipe for the salad. Have made it many times at home since then and serve it not only with hummus but as a side dish or just as a salad for lunch. Can be eated warm or cold.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over the vegetables.
- Mix lightly.
- If you want to serve it warm, heat a couple of tablespoons in the microwave, do not overheat.
- Keeps well in the fridge.