1/6 Photos of Chickpea & Peanut Stew
Nice vegan stew made creamy by the peanut butter. I love to make this extra spicy to contrast the sweet of the peanut butter. For even more zing (and to add the health benefits) I like to add a few more minced cloves of garlic a minute or two before it's done. Changed a bit but originally from Kate's(Vegan)Cookery Site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 chili pepper, minced (use hot or mild depending on your tastes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, from bouillon cube is fine,about
- 5 -6 tablespoons peanut butter, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, i like crushed but chopped is good too
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1cook onion till almost soft in broth or a little oil.
- 2add garlic and other veggies and cook for a couple minutes.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients- Use only as much broth as needed to make it a stew-like consistency.
- 4Bring to a boil and then let simmer about 10 minutes or depending on how crip or tender you like your veggies.
- 5Great with added cayenne for extra spice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea & Peanut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: