Chickpea, Chard, and Tomato Stew
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
- Partially mash chickpeas with a potato masher. Add chickpeas, chard, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place chickpea mixture in an airtight container or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; freeze.
- Thaw chickpea mixture overnight in refrigerator.
- Reheat chickpea mixture in microwave or
- place mixture in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.