Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy burgers or patties for vegetarians, vegans or anyone who wants to use leftover chickpeas in a tasty and easy recipe.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 garbanzo beans, precooked, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup raw potatoes, grated
- 1 Italian plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, grated
- 4 slices vegetarian salami or 4 slices bologna, cut in tiny pieces
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 1⁄2 cups water (or juice from garbanzos)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (raw and ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 4 drops lemon juice (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Form patties or burgers.
- Grease a skillet with olive oil and cooking lecithin and cook the patties until golden brown.
- May serve as is, or with a tomato sauce or favorite gravy.