There's a little cafe close to where i live that makes this salad and it is absolutely divine! It tastes even better when its been made a day or so ahead as the dressing goes right through the salad, soaked up by the couscous and sultanas. This recipe does make quite a lot, we use it as a side dish and it feeds my family for a few nights! However, the recipe can easily be halved. Use vegetable stock powder to make vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups couscous (dry)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chicken or 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 (420 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- pepper, to taste
- 1To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a small jar and shake well to combine.
- 2Place the couscous and stock powder in a large bowl. Add two cups of boiling water and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Leave for 15 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the liquid.
- 3Use a fork to fluff the couscous before allowing to cool.
- 4Add the carrot, chickpeas, sultanas, coriander and parsley to the couscous. Mix well.
- 5Drizzle over the dressing and mix well. Season with pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: