There's a little cafe close to where i live that makes this salad and it is absolutely divine! It tastes even better when its been made a day or so ahead as the dressing goes right through the salad, soaked up by the couscous and sultanas. This recipe does make quite a lot, we use it as a side dish and it feeds my family for a few nights! However, the recipe can easily be halved. Use vegetable stock powder to make vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups couscous (dry)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chicken or 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 (420 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- pepper, to taste
- 1To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a small jar and shake well to combine.
- 2Place the couscous and stock powder in a large bowl. Add two cups of boiling water and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Leave for 15 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the liquid.
- 3Use a fork to fluff the couscous before allowing to cool.
- 4Add the carrot, chickpeas, sultanas, coriander and parsley to the couscous. Mix well.
- 5Drizzle over the dressing and mix well. Season with pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: