Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be made in advance....improves in fridge. Published in Jerusalem Post on May 8, 2008 from Shaily Lipa Angel's "Holiday Entertaining." Dress salad while chickpeas are warm.
- 800 g frozen chickpeas
- 4 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2 cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat chickpeas according to instructions on package.
- Blend dressing ingredients.
- Mix chickpeas with the dressing in a bowl.
- Add celery and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper.
I used celery root cubes... very nice and fresh.
A good recipe for a full or a side dish...