Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
a dish that I have been experimenting with for a while, and I came up with this now that I got three thumbs up.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) canfiesta nacho cheese, undiluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 1 swet red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- In a large bowl, combine soup, evaporated milk, and fiesta nacho cheese and mix very well.
- Fold in green beans,chicken boullion, chicken, bell pepper, celery, onion, noodles, almonds, salt, and white pepper.
- Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees, for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle onion rings over dish.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
We had this chicken dish for supper last night and it was very tasty. I cut 3 large chicken breasts into bite size pieces and cooked than added to the soup mixture. DH does not care for peppers so I subbed with a can of diced water chestnuts. The french fried onion ring topping was nice and crunchy. I served this over rice but next time I would serve over the chow mein noodles instead of adding them to them to the casserole. Thank you weekend cooker for sharing your recipe!