Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great Spanish influenced recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds total)
- 8 -12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups washed loosely packed spinach (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 2 teaspoons tamari or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Grill chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through but not dry.
- Meanwhile, lightly brown the garlic in the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing gently, just until leaves are wilted.
- Add the tomato sauce, tamari and wine.
- Toss well until coated and thoroughly heated.
- Place spinach mixture on top of cooked chicken breasts.
- Makes 4 servings.
I love this dish!
This is a nice dish you can make on you grill on a hot day.
What made this dish so nice was the topping. I could see using this topping on a nice turkey burger or evan a grilled steak. Oh would that be soo good to try.
Great dish~ Now I am hungary again!
Great chicken recipe! To make sure the chicken would be moist, I marinated it in Italian dressing for several hours before grilling. Really loved the spinach topping on this, very flavorful. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This dish was very simple to create but really big on taste!I agree with chef287948, the left over is really tastey heated up.