Queso De Cabra Con Tomate (Goat Cheese Baked in Tomato Sauce)
Spanish tapas - toasted garlic bread dipped in creamy warm goat cheese and tomato sauce —easy and yummy!
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- baguette, sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce or 1 -1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- basil leaves, chopped (garnish) (optional)
- Preheat conventional oven or toaster oven to 350°F
- Mix together the garlic and olive oil and spread over bread slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Pat the goat cheese into a 1/2-inch pancake and place in shallow baking dish.
- Ladle tomato sauce into dish to come up to top edge of cheese (do not cover the cheese with sauce).
- Bake, uncovered, until sauce begins to bubble at edges and cheese is hot, about 25 minutes. During last 10 minutes of baking, toast bread until golden brown.
- Garnish cheese with basil if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was wonderful! Since the recipe was generic, I made it two ways. One with a jar of my favorite spaghetti sauce and one with a jar of sun-dried tomato pesto. The spaghetti sauce was simple and classic and the light, slightly sweet tomato taste really balanced the goat cheese. The pesto taste was more complex and layered but both were excellent.
I found this on a recipe site a long time ago and have made this many, many times. I've served this just as a yummy appetizer for DH and myself, as well as for guests. Every time I've made it, guests have raved and asked for the recipe. I was about to post this when I saw you saved me the work. This one is definitely a keeper that everyone will love!