1 hr 10 mins
This dish is perfect for making ahead of time and reheating. Serve with mashed potato and green beans. Carrots or peas are great too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, finced
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 chicken thighs or 4 -6 chicken drumsticks
- flour, for dusting
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500 g mushrooms, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 400 ml chicken stock or 1/2 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in boiling water
- 1Cook the rosemary, bay leaf and peeled garlic for five to six minutes in the butter and oil in a large frying pan over a low heat.
- 2Dust the chicken pieces with flour, then brown them in the pan with the herbs.
- 3Remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion, cooking for five minutes until the onion softens.
- 4Add the mushrooms and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 5Stir for several minutes until the mushrooms turn juicy.
- 6Return the chicken to the pan, drizzle over the lemon juice and then add the stock.
- 7Stir as the sauce simmers and thickens from the flour on the browned chicken.
- 8Simmer gently for up to half an hour until the meat is cooked and the sauce is brown and syrupy.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Rosemary and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 258.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: