Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Taken from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon quinoa, rinsed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Add all ingredients except for chicken and parsley to the slow cooker crock and mix well to combine. Place chicken thighs on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. To serve, transfer chicken thighs to individual bowls using tongs. Mix the quinoa and vegetables well, then spoon into the bowls alongside the chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsely, if desired.
I don't know if "Chef Ramon" even tried to make this recipe, but it came out beautifully for me. Our family loves quinoa and the consistancy was fine. I don't know if there was any nutritional value lost, but the quinoa sure beat the heck out of starchy-carb-filled rice. Thank you, Tarbean, for this wonderful recipe!
Unfortunately if you cook Quinoa for such a long time , all the nutrients, which are fantastic, will be destroyed and the quinoa will be a complete and horrible mush. Please be sure I know what I am talking about , I am a Chef from Peru ; where quinoa originated with the Incas. Regards, Chef Ramon