Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For extra richness, finish with a Tablespoon of butter, My suggestion is to serve with a nice pasta side, salad and fresh baked bread.
- 2 chicken breasts, each cut into 4 strips (5-6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, mixed with a touch of seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- butter (optional)
- 1 large portabella mushroom, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (approx. 3 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup onion white or 1⁄2 cup green onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (the leaves only) or 1 tablespoon oregano (the leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Dredge the chicken breast pieces in flour and saute in olive oil.
- In a non stick pan you can get by with very little.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute till soft.
- Add the lemon juice and fresh herbs, saute for 1 minute till the flavors combine.
Very simple recipe that has rather a plain taste. We also added salt and pepper with our choice of herb, basil. I can also see a sauce with this using butter, basil, lemon juice, salt and chicken broth might have made it better. We will make this again since it was easy to make and fast to the table.
I followed the recipe exactly, aside from removing the chicken from the pan to make the sauce, then adding it back in at the end. I think it had good flavor (I used fresh basil and white onion), but I'm sorry I can't say it was outstanding. I was hoping for a bit more liquid, which I didn't get, and it definitely needed a little more salt and pepper at the end. I did add the butter, but it would have been better with more sauce. Adding chicken broth to make a sauce might be a big help. Also, for a novice cook the recipe might be hard to figure out, as it gives no cook time for the chicken, nor does it say when to add the garlic.
I made this tonight, and the flavors do not complement each other at all, in my opinion. I was disappointed. I didn't eat much of it at all, because it really didn't appeal to me. The combination of lemon, oregano and garlic didn't do the portobello mushrooms justice.