Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
For extra richness, finish with a Tablespoon of butter, My suggestion is to serve with a nice pasta side, salad and fresh baked bread.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Very simple recipe that has rather a plain taste. We also added salt and pepper with our choice of herb, basil. I can also see a sauce with this using butter, basil, lemon juice, salt and chicken broth might have made it better. We will make this again since it was easy to make and fast to the table.
- 2 chicken breasts, each cut into 4 strips (5-6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, mixed with a touch of seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- butter (optional)
- 1 large portabella mushroom, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (approx. 3 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup onion white or 1⁄2 cup green onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (the leaves only) or 1 tablespoon oregano (the leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice