Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This yummy chicken can be grilled or broiled. I use boneless, skinless breasts but thighs or legs could probably be used too...
- 29.58 ml orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 14.79 ml finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together the orange juice concentrate, chipotle pepper, balsamic vinegar, molasses, and mustard.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill or broil 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken and brush with glaze. Cook 5 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with glaze.
- Turn chicken again and brush well with glaze. Cook until done - center of chicken should no longer be pink - 2-3 minutes longer.
I knew i would like this, but I liked it even more than I imagined. I only used half the amount of chipotle because I am a heat whimp, but otherwise I left the ingredients alone. I broiled boneless breasts and thighs in the oven. Of course the thighs were done first , so I pulled them out first. The sauce clung nicely to the meat and didn't all run off, even after I flipped the chicken pieces. I am absolutely hanging on to this one.
I'm becoming quite the chipotle pepper lover. It's hard to believe I hadn't even heard of chipotles until I moved to New Mexico! This is one of the better uses! I used bone-in breasts and made them in the oven. This is an awesome preparation and I will fix this often. Thnx for posting your recipe, loof. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Very good. Not quite as flavorful as I'd hoped, but a nice way to use up extra chipotles. Made with corm & white rice.