Recipe by E-Eva
This chicken is spectacular. I adore it. It's very very easy to make...a one-pot wonder! Ideally, you wanna use the largest pot you have (in terms of width, no depth). If you want everyone to get a large scoop of olives and sauce with their chicken (and who wouldn't?? Then just add more olives and capers than the recipe calls for. You can't go wrong...don't worry! Please...please review the recipe if you try it. Thank you!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons chili-flavored olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup capers, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped roughly
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin from all chicken and wash well.
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat chilli oil in the pot. If you do not have chilli oil, you can make some easily. You will need to take olive oil and heat it up (do not burn it!). Add lots of red pepper flakes and let it simmer (without burning the flakes)for about 5 minutes. Once the mixture is cool, that's chilli oil.
- Add the chicken to the pot with the meatiest parts on the bottom.
- Brown the chicken for about 10-12 minutes, making sure it doesn't stick to the pot or burn. Turn over if necessary. You may add more chilli oil if you think it's required.
- Add the chopped capers, garlic, olives and parsley to the pot. If you'd like extra sauce and olives or capers in this recipe, you can add them freely. I usually add lots of olives, so that everyone gets a huge scoope of them on their chicken.
- Add the white wine to the pot. If you don't think there's enough sauce for your meal, then add extra white wine.
- Stir a bit so that everything is nicely mixed.
- Cover the pot and allow the chicken to fully cook in the boiling white wine sauce.
- Serve hot. Nice sides are rice, pasta or salad.