Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Only 7 pts per serving
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices ginger, peeled
- 3 star anise pods
- 20 ounces boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet combine next 5 ingredients (chicken broth - star anise) and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and return to a simmer. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in squash and snow peas and cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove ginger and star anise -- discard.
- Pour broth over noodles OR divide noodles among 4 bowls and top with chicken breast and 1/4 cup of the stock mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
A nice Asian flavored chicken noodle soup, that enjoys an almost teriyaki kind of flavor. I made using carrot to add color and because it is winter here and zucchini way too high, but other than that no changes were made. We did find it a bit too sweet for our taste and would in the future cut the honey down. Thanks for the post.
Using just 1 large 8-ounce chicken breast, I cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us! Worked just fine, & I took a tip from MsPia's review & added some carrots, although I included the snow peas as well! Loved the flavor of this dish! Will keep your recipe around to make again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Really tasty! The star anise and honey gives it a delicious comforting taste. I sub carrots for snow peas because that is what I had on hand.