Recipe by Tebo
This creamy dish is not only delicious but it is quite low in fat. Suitable for dinner guests or a quick meal for your family. What do they say. . . "try it you'll like it."
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Hi Tebo; Made your recipe for dinner yesterday and it turned out super-great, as well as easy to make. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the chicken with the sauce. I served the chicken over my Special 5 Rice Combination topped with crushed cashews. I also used chicken wings and fried them separately, then added them to the sauce before serving. I have passed this recipe to several of my friends who enjoy good and tasty recipes. Will be making this recipe often. "Uncle Bill"
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour (with salt and pepper added)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or use cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound breasts until 1/4" thick.
- Dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and saute about 7 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add butter to frypan and increase heat to high.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Saute about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream, parsley, mustard and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add juices from chicken into cream mixture.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.