Recipe by looneytunesfan
It looks impressive, but this mouth-watering dish comes together in no time.
Top Review by joshandmeganmiller
Made this twice over the past weeks and it was very tasty. I used cremini mushrooms and added in some garlic while I was cooking the mushrooms and onions. I also tried adding a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach and that worked well too!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the sherry or broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture and to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.