Recipe by Charmie777
Easy chicken recipe with a to-die-for sauce. You'll want to serve this with tortilla chips to eat up the extra sauce!
Top Review by Starrynews
Charmie!! I knew when I saw this on your menu I had to try it, but the question is how did it take me so long??!! This is amazing! Sooo delicious and flavorful, and very easy to prepare. I reduced to one serving which worked great for two of us here and served with chips as suggested. I used neufchatel cheese, low fat cheddar and reduced sodium chicken broth to great success. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- chopped avocado
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling and then crumble.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon grease (reserve grease).
- Pound chicken breasts slightly to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in bacon grease over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to heated platter and cover with foil.
- In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease along with jalapenos and cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir another minute, then add chicken broth to deglaze pan, scaping up brown bits.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted, then add cheddar and stir until melted.
- Stir in cilantro and crumbled bacon.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped avocados if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.