Easy chicken recipe with a to-die-for sauce. You'll want to serve this with tortilla chips to eat up the extra sauce!
- In large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling and then crumble.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon grease (reserve grease).
- Pound chicken breasts slightly to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in bacon grease over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to heated platter and cover with foil.
- In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease along with jalapenos and cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir another minute, then add chicken broth to deglaze pan, scaping up brown bits.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted, then add cheddar and stir until melted.
- Stir in cilantro and crumbled bacon.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped avocados if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.