Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy chicken recipe with a to-die-for sauce. You'll want to serve this with tortilla chips to eat up the extra sauce!
- In large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper toweling and then crumble.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon grease (reserve grease).
- Pound chicken breasts slightly to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in bacon grease over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to heated platter and cover with foil.
- In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease along with jalapenos and cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir another minute, then add chicken broth to deglaze pan, scaping up brown bits.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted, then add cheddar and stir until melted.
- Stir in cilantro and crumbled bacon.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped avocados if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Charmie!! I knew when I saw this on your menu I had to try it, but the question is how did it take me so long??!! This is amazing! Sooo delicious and flavorful, and very easy to prepare. I reduced to one serving which worked great for two of us here and served with chips as suggested. I used neufchatel cheese, low fat cheddar and reduced sodium chicken broth to great success. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
Good, but extremely rich!
The sauce is absolutely delicious though I did have some minor problems (probably my own errors though and not the fault of the recipe). I had two huge chicken breasts (the equivalent of three "normal" size) so adjusted ingredients to 2 slices bacon, 2 jalapenos, 2 garlic, 3/4 cup broth, 3 oz cream cheese (Neufchatel), 3/4 cup cheddar (extra sharp). I left out the cilantro. I had to cook the chicken an extra 5-10 minutes to get it cooked through, even after pounding it even. Later, when I added the jalapenos to the pan, it was like having a pan of "Mexican jumping beans" LOL They had been frozen (from a friend's garden) so were fairly wet - when the water got hot, they flew out of the pan! They also almost smoked me out of the kitchen - the fumes from the hot chiles made me cough terribly. Anyway, even with the problems I had, the end result was super delish! Thanks for sharing!