Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
This not so healthy, but oh so good, sauce is great with almost anything! Especially good with fried foods, but also works with tortilla chips (hmmmm... those are fried, too, huh?) and vegetables. It has a kick, but you could omit one of the jalapenos to tone it down.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 jalapenos, minced (from a jar, not fresh)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded (light, if desired)
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (light, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- In a heavy saucepan on high heat, bring cream to the boil.
- Just as it is ready to boil, stir in sour cream until completely blended.
- Reduce heat and add chicken and jalapeno juice.
- Simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, melt butter and add flour to create a roux/paste.
- Whisk paste until it browns SLIGHTLY.
- Add paste to cream pot just before it boils up.
- Whisk continuously until paste dissolves into cream.
- Remove from stove and add cheese and chopped jalepenos.
- Serve/Use immediately.