1/1 Photo of Chicken With Green Olives
1 hr 30 mins
Mushrooms, olives, and sweet bell peppers compliment chicken breasts and pasta. For variety, try this recipe with other kinds of sweet peppers or simply toss in a few of the more pungent pepper types if desired. From the cookbook Chicken. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bell peppers, cut into large pieces
- 8 ounces fresh large mushrooms, quartered
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces pitted green olives
- 4 -6 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- pasta or new potato, to serve
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Brown the chicken breasts on all sides in the oil and butter. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 2Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry gently until beginning to soften. Add the peppers and mushrooms and cook for a few minutes longer.
- 3Add the tomatoes to the pan and season generously with additional salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetable mixture to an ovenproof casserole. Place the browned chicken breasts on the bed of vegetables.
- 4Deglaze the frying pan with the white wine and pour the deglazing mixture over the chicken. Cover the casserole and cook in a preheated oven at 350 F for 50 minutes.
- 5Add the olives to the chicken and vegetables, mix lightly and then pour on the cream. Recover the casserole and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- 6Adust the seasoning and serve the pieces of chicken, surrounded by the vegetables and sauce, with pasta or tiny new potatoes. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 34.0 g