Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I throw mushrooms in this too if I have any on hand. We have this over hot rice the first night. I add the left-over chicken and veggies to an alfredo sauce and serve it over pasta the next night.
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 -9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 (1/2 teaspoon) ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- In small skillet cook garlic and onion in hot oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In 4 quart slow cooker combine the frozen artichoke hearts, sweet pepper, chicken broth, tapioca, rosemary, lemon peel, and black pepper. Add chicken; spoon garlic mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours, or on high setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
3.5 stars Do not let 12 cloves of garlic scare you. I would add more. This dish needs more flavor. I would bump up the rosemary and lemon a little. This makes a very small amount of THIN liquid/gravy. I would double the sauce. Ii was an average dish but I do not think I will make it again. No reflection upon you Shannon.