Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
I throw mushrooms in this too if I have any on hand. We have this over hot rice the first night. I add the left-over chicken and veggies to an alfredo sauce and serve it over pasta the next night.
Top Review by Ck2plz
3.5 stars Do not let 12 cloves of garlic scare you. I would add more. This dish needs more flavor. I would bump up the rosemary and lemon a little. This makes a very small amount of THIN liquid/gravy. I would double the sauce. Ii was an average dish but I do not think I will make it again. No reflection upon you Shannon.
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 -9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 (1/2 teaspoon) ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- In small skillet cook garlic and onion in hot oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In 4 quart slow cooker combine the frozen artichoke hearts, sweet pepper, chicken broth, tapioca, rosemary, lemon peel, and black pepper. Add chicken; spoon garlic mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours, or on high setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.