Recipe by Jennygal
I made this last night and we really liked it. It made a great presentation when placed in the centre of the table on a large platter. Im not Italian....but this made me feel pretty Italian. I used extra garlic and fresh fettuccine and it was delicious!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh basil (1tbsp dried)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/2" thickness.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet saute onion until tender. Add basil, garlic, salt & pepper. Cook 2-3 minute.
- Stir in broth, cream, parsley and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer 15 min or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine and drain.
- Arrange chicken over noodles and top with sauce.