This creamy, smooth and tangy sauce is a hit in our house over chicken or asparagus. The sauce is simple but impressive enough for company too.
- Melt butter over med. high heat.
- Stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except yogurt. Make sure you stir the green onions into the sauce at this point. The release of these flavors as it warms is what makes the sauce!
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in yogurt and heat through.
- Serve over baked or sauteed chicken breast.