Recipe by mickeydownunder
While surfing the net, saw this one day, Made it next night, was MORE than OK! When hubby asks "Can you make this again?" You KNOW you have a keeper when he follows up with "When?"
Top Review by RobinOHNCTXUK
Very good, but felt it needed something. Maybe some veggies, but overall great taste!<br/><br/>Update 9/13/2011-made again, but added cut up cauliflower and parboiled potatoes to the cut up chicken. Just what it needed! Also added an extra banana and a little more water and lime juice to the blended mixture. By the time it finished cooking, I didn't need to do the last step and dilute it with more water.<br/>Another update: 10/2014, added a can of coconut milk to the sauce before cooking. Didn't need to add the water at the end
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 450 degrees.
- MIX in blender - Bananas, Curry Powder, Corainder, Mustard, Butter, Lime Juice, Lime Zest, Salt, Pepper, Parsley and 1/4 cup water.
- DICE chicken and place in a roasting pan.
- MAKE several cuts throughtout each piece of the chicken. NOTE: Can just put in whole breasts not diced.
- POUR sauce over chicken.
- NOTE: I made several more cuts into the chicken to make sure sauce gets inches.
- ROAST in over for about 20 - 25 minutes on lower part of the oven.
- REMOVE pan from oven and REMOVE chicken (make sure is cooked).
- PLACE pan over moderare heat on stovetop and WHISK in remaining 1/2 cup water.
- WHISK until sauce is smooth and heated through.
- NOTE: Can add more water if you like sauce thinner.
- GARNISH with fresh coriander.