Recipe by KAM76
This is an easy meal that is great for using up all the cabbage that seems to lurk in the bottom of my fridge. All the measurements are to taste really. I don't have a slow cooker, but I imagine this would work well just chucking everything in and leaving for a few hours.
- 4 chicken pieces (skin removed if you like)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves (I like lots!)
- 300 g bacon
- 1⁄2 small head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken in the olive oil - you can skip this step if you're short on time.
- Remove chicken, pour off any excess fat.
- Brown the onion.
- Add the garlic and bacon and continue to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Top up with water or stock if chicken not covered.
- Reduce heat and cook slowly for 1-2 hours.
- Stir in the thyme, salt and pepper - be careful with the salt because the bacon and olives are salty.
- You can thicken with corn flour if you like. Sometimes I chop up a potato and add with the cabbage to thicken it.
- Serve with pasta, rice, potatoes, polenta etc.