Recipe by winkki
One-dish, low-fat, tasty and gourmet...does it get any better than that?! So elegant that your guests will never guess it was this easy! Originally from "The Lighter Side of Italy."
Top Review by HappySphinx
Great recipe especially considering the low calories! My only substutions: all I had was marinated artichokes, so I rinsed them off and then soaked them in water for a couple of hours to draw out salt... and based on najwa's comment, I left out the seasoning salt DH LOVED the dish! THANKS so much for posting
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 lb)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled & chopped tomatoes (incl. juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved (NOT marinated!!)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray shallow 2-quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients in order given; mix gently.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken breasts are tender to fork.
- For thicker sauce, remove cover for the last 15 min of cook time.
- May be made earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator until time to cook; also freezes for up to 6 wks.