One-dish, low-fat, tasty and gourmet...does it get any better than that?! So elegant that your guests will never guess it was this easy! Originally from "The Lighter Side of Italy."
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 lb)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled & chopped tomatoes (incl. juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved (NOT marinated!!)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray shallow 2-quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients in order given; mix gently.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken breasts are tender to fork.
- For thicker sauce, remove cover for the last 15 min of cook time.
- May be made earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator until time to cook; also freezes for up to 6 wks.