Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
One-dish, low-fat, tasty and gourmet...does it get any better than that?! So elegant that your guests will never guess it was this easy! Originally from "The Lighter Side of Italy."
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 lb)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled & chopped tomatoes (incl. juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved (NOT marinated!!)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray shallow 2-quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients in order given; mix gently.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken breasts are tender to fork.
- For thicker sauce, remove cover for the last 15 min of cook time.
- May be made earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator until time to cook; also freezes for up to 6 wks.
Great recipe especially considering the low calories! My only substutions: all I had was marinated artichokes, so I rinsed them off and then soaked them in water for a couple of hours to draw out salt... and based on najwa's comment, I left out the seasoning salt DH LOVED the dish! THANKS so much for posting
Great recipe. I would've given it 5 stars if it wasn't too salty for our tastes. Next time I might just skip the salt altogether. Thanks!
While I do think this recipe is a great in terms of being healthy I found that the lemon and red pepper flakes were too overpowering. My sauce never thickened even after removing the cover and it took much longer than 40 minutes to cook. It's a very presentable looking dish but not one I'd make again.