Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Chicken With Apricots and Prunes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) kosher roasting chickens, cut in 8 pieces (31/2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup kosher chicken broth or 1 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 -12 dried apricots
- 6 -8 pitted prunes
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning, until golden-brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, ginger root, cinnamon, chicken broth or water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Baste often.
- If needed, add a little more broth or water. Add the apricots and prunes. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until cooked.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve garnished with pine nuts.