Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is so good and very pretty. I made a huge batch for a potluck and someone else did too--mine was gone theirs was barely touched. Wild rice is popular in MN.
- 236.59 ml wild rice, uncooked
- 1301.24 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced the whole thing
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 56.69 g sugar snap peas or 56.69 g snap peas, cut in 1 in pieces
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 236.59 ml pecan halves, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minces
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- Rinse rice and cook in the chicken broth 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drain and toss with the lemon juice; cool.
- Add to rice the chicken, green onions, red pepper, and peas.
- Toast the pecans on a baking sheet in oven at 350° for about 5 minutes, checking often.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the rice salad.
- Just before serving add the avocados and pecans.
We have a local restaurant that serves this very popular dish! It is so good I decided to make it myself at home. The flavors and textures of all the ingredients are so good that there is no need for the mustard in the dressing. Im going to try it with a balsamic vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar and see what that does. Also, cherry tomatoes cut in half are a nice addition. Great for summer lunches! Thanks for sharing!
This salad is delicious and full of flavor, I doubled the dressing and also made some amount adjustments, thanks for sharing Karen!...Kitten:)