Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a little variation of a recipe I saw on the Food Network. Takes a little while, but so yummy! Serve with a salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 10 small red potatoes, halved
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat.
- Coat the chicken w/ the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Cook the chicken in the pot until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a large plate.
- Carefully add the potatoes to the same pot and cook until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and stir scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the broth, oregano, and thyme.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Stir gently to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Arrange the potatoes around chicken.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in the butter. Pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes, and serve.
This is absoulutely the best vesuvio recipe I have ever tried. My husband owns Italian restaurants, and he said "this is the best I've has ever tasted." Rose