Recipe by CareCook
Chicken and pasta dish which is a little spicy with tomatoes with diced green chili's in it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package vermicelli, broken into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper (forgot to add this)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 4 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Directions for assembly AND direction of how to cook from the frozen state.
- Cook chicken. I did this by using whole chicken's and cooking them in a crockpot with salt, pepper and one cup of water. Dice chicken. (Don't forget to save the broth for later use.)
- Cook vermicelli, set aside in dish.
- In large pot (non-stick would be great here) sauté onion, peppers and garlic until soft. Stir in the flour. Add the tomatoes, milk and Worcestershire sauce, stirring until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Lower the heat and add the peas (roasted red peppers optional), mix well. Add the chicken and cheese stirring to mix well and heat through. Pour over pasta.
- To Freeze: Cool to room temp before freezing, wrap, label and freeze. Freezes well up to 3 months.
- To Prepare: Thaw. Preheat over to 350 and bake for 30-40 minute until bubbly.