Recipe by Lee in Texas
This is one of my families' favorites. You can make it just as spicy or non spicy as you like by varying the amount of jalepenos added
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sauted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- garlic powder
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken breasts in oil sprinkling lightly with garlic powder and cumin, about 5-8 minutes per side.
- Shred chicken and reserve.
- Deglaze saute pan with one cup chicken broth and add soups, chiles, and onion.
- Simmer sauce on low heat 30 minutes.
- If desired add two diced jalepenos at this point.
- Warm tortillas (40 sec in wet paper towel in the microwave works great).
- Spray 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. It helps to ladle a spoonful of sauce on the bottom of the pan before rolling the enchiladas. They stay softer.
- Roll chicken and cheese in tortillas and array in pan.
- Pour sauce over and top with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 deg for 30 min.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice and beans and maybe a margarita.