Recipe by antsissys
My husband loves Mexican food. We recently purchased a new wave oven for convenient and fast dinners, since we work long hours. New wave ovens cooks from frozen to done within minutes, so am always trying to find creative recipes where I do not have to thaw out my meat first. This can be topped with sour cream or peppers. Also, my husband said it may be good with all the extra toppings stuffed into a burrito.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 flour tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 2 cups fancy shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 bunches of chopped fresh green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray new wave oven (pie pan) with Pam; toast strips of tortilla 3 minutes on 4-inch rack, 1 tortilla shell at a time, take out, break them in half and set strips aside.
- Cook chicken breasts using 4-inch rack, 8 minutes on each side depending on thickness of meat.
- Mix chicken, Rotel, picante and green onions in skillet, bring to a boil,cover and let simmer 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Pour tomato mixture into pie pan.
- Gently stir in tortilla strips.
- Top with cheese, heat until cheese is melted or desired golden toasted 4 minutes.