Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Mmm this is one of my most favorite foods, ever.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, wedges
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken cubes, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, salt, yogurt, lemon juice, and coriander. Leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 2 hours, or in the refrigerator over night.
- Place the chicken on a grill tray or in a flame proof dish lined with foil, and baste with oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked, turning and basting 2-3 times. Serve with lime wedges.
Nice, I only had time to marinate it for maybe 5 hours, but quite tasty. I squeezed the lime wedges over it which had the unfortunate effect of drowning out much of the taste. Served it on a bed of Latchy's Moroccan rice (#82603), worked nicely.
Very good! I followed the recipe exactly as listed and marinated it for almost 24 hours. It was a big hit at our house. Great flavour combination.