1/2 Photos of Chicken Thigh Osso Bucco
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #367022 homebody's Note:
An inexpensive alternative to the more pricey veal. The longer it cooks the richer the sauce gets. I've never cooked it in the crock pot but I suppose you could. My husband is not a fan of dark meat chicken but in this recipe you would think you were eating veal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Salt and pepper thighs and saute in 1T. olive oil.
- 2Chop onion, carrot, celery and garlic into a fine mince.
- 3Remove chicken thighs when brown on both sides.
- 4Add veggies to pan and cook till soft.
- 5Deglaze pan with red wine and reduce by half.
- 6Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano and rosemary.
- 7Cook till bubbly then add thighs back to the pan.
- 8Simmer 40-60 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile combine chopped parsley, lemon zest and chopped garlic.
- 10Before serving add the last 3 ingredients.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thigh Osso Bucco
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 513.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 23.8 g